The idea is simple. Say out loud what you will do, then come back and say whether you did it.
Start one thread and keep it. Title it with your name or your product, for example "Dana's weekly log: InvoiceCat". Post every week as a reply in that same thread, so that the history stays in one place.
Each update has three parts:
- Last week I said I would: paste it in
- What actually happened: done, partly done, or not done, and why
- This week I will: no more than three things
Rules that make it work:
- Make goals checkable. "Work on marketing" cannot be checked. "Send 15 outreach emails" can.
- Three goals at most. A list of nine is a wish list.
- Report the misses. An honest "did none of it, here is why" is the most useful post in this section. Nobody is keeping score.
- Read one other log each week and leave a reply. Being read is the thing that makes people keep going.
If you want a single partner instead of an audience, say so in your first post, with your time zone.